In which two such players document their experiences with the instrument and the world of music around it.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Welcome!

My other blog, More Notes from Underground is sort of a personal journal on all kinds of political, artistic, literary and even religious thoughts. This blog though is something where I want to focus on one particular passion of mine, and that is playing bass. I was thinking today and I felt the title "Average Bass Player" appropriate, because that's where I feel I'm at. I've been playing ten years now (wow, hard to believe) and I'd say I'm solid but certainly not brilliant on the instrument. I've played in a number of different settings from potsmoke-filled living rooms to 1,000-seat church sanctuaries. I have done a fair number of things, but I still have a lot of musical goals I want to fulfill. So that's my story, more to follow...

No comments: