In which two such players document their experiences with the instrument and the world of music around it.

Friday, October 28, 2005

One That Got Away

I had been eyeing this used Stingray 5 at Long & McQuade for a while. Today, before I had a chance to do anything about it, I found out it had been sold. It sounded nice and I think it was a good deal. What I've noticed though is that, if you wait, there will be others. There are a number of great gear deals that I've seen but missed out on ultimately. The only one I still wish I had bought was a 1970s Precision with a Jazz neck. Since it was a Frankenbass it was only $700 - way less than either a Precision or a Jazz from that period sells for today. I would really have like to have that bass. It was cheap because it was useless to collectors, but it had a great sound and it was a joy to play. That SR5 was a nice bass, but nothing to this other one.

No comments: